The bulk of the attention in most car crashes tends to focus on the driver of the car that was at fault and the driver of the car that was struck. But a personal injury lawyer doesn’t just deal with drivers.Passengers who were injured in car accidents need representation too.
Unfortunately, passengers are often the forgotten victims when it comes to accidents, but it’s important to remember that anyone riding in a vehicle that is struck by another driver can be hurt. As experienced Colorado Springs car accident attorneys, the personal injury team at Kinnaird & Kinnaird, P.C., wants you to know types of injuries that passengers often suffer in car wrecks.
Common Passenger Accident Injuries
The most common types of injuries that passengers suffer in car accidents include:
- Fractures – Passengers often suffer broken bones caused by being flung into a door, dashboard or window during the impact of a car accident. Compound fractures, in which the bone tears through the skin can occur in severe crashes, and head fractures are also common.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Spinal cord injuries (SCIs) occur when a passenger is ejected from a vehicle, or can result from a rollover that compresses a passenger’s head against the top of the vehicle. SCIs can cause partial or total paralysis.
- Concussions – Concussions occur when a person’s head is subjected to some type of impact that causes the brain to move within the skull. Concussions can range from mild to severe, and can take months to heal.
- Neck/Shoulder Injuries – These injuries often occur when a passenger’s body whips forward and then backward in a sudden motion. Whiplash is the most common type of neck and shoulder injury, but other injures include dislocated shoulders, neck sprains, and slipped discs.
- Soft Tissue – These injuries occur when the tissue, muscles and tendons are strained, stretched or even torn because of the force of some kind of impact. Torn muscles can take months to heal, and cause a significant alteration in a person’s lifestyle.
Contact a Colorado Springs Car Accident Attorney To Protect Your Rights
As a passenger, there’s nothing that can prepare you for a car crash, and after it happens, you may feel confused and unable to make logical decisions. That’s why it’s so important to find a personal injury lawyer that has decades of experience handling these types of legal claims so you can focus on healing and recovery, while we take care of compensation for your pain and suffering.
The law firm of Kinnaird & Kinnaird, P.C., is distinguished for its personal attention to each client that we represent. Our three principal lawyers understand the needs of the local community, and each have a track record of obtaining settlements and winning trials. Please contact us today at 719-520-0003 for a free case evaluation.