Kenton D Kinnaird
I started this law firm in 1977, with the goal of helping clients navigate their way through some difficult situations. Back then, my main focus was divorce and family law, and over the years, I’ve learned that there are few legal areas that elicit more emotion and conflict than these two. That’s because there are many variables when a family is torn apart by issues such as divorce and domestic violence, and without the guiding hand of an experienced lawyer, things can spiral out of control.
I take pride in serving the people of Colorado Springs and outlying areas, which is why I’ve spent so much time getting involved in the community. I hosted the Kinnaird Legal Hour on 740 AM KVOR for years, discussing relevant legal topics and answering questions from residents in the community. I am also a frequent guest on local morning radio programs on 98.1 Magic, KILO, KVOR, and KKFM. Anyone interested in hearing these broadcasts can them on the Radio & Media Archives.
I attended college at Brigham Young University and graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree. I then obtained my law degree from the J. Rueben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University. I am admitted to practice law in Colorado, the U.S. District Court in the District of Colorado, the U.S. Court of Appeals 19th Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court. Prior to starting my own firm, I was a Deputy District Attorney, which gave me the opportunity to practice law in courts throughout the state of Colorado.
Over the past 30 years I’ve built our law firm into a powerhouse that serves clients with three principles in mind: strength, compassion, and conscience. We don’t take cases just to win settlements, we take cases because we realize that we can use the law to change the lives of our clients. And the truth is that lawyers should be advocates for their clients, people who are given great responsibility to pursue justice with integrity.
I am a member of the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar Association (Family Law Section), El Paso County Bar Association, Colorado County Bar Association, and the El Paso County Bar Association (Bankruptcy Section).
Areas of Practice
My focus is on five practice areas where I can provide my clients with outstanding service based on prior experience. These practice areas include:
- Family Law – Family law is a broad legal area that covers issues related to divorce, adoption, paternity, prenuptial agreement, child custody, and adoption. Our job is to give our clients the best possible chance at success, whether that means creating a fair parental responsibility agreement, or modifying the terms of a timesharing agreement.
- Personal Injury – Personal injury cases can involve an incident such as a car accident, truck accident, medical negligence, or product liability.
- Bankruptcy – Helping our clients get back on their feet financially, and providing them hope for the future is one of the more rewarding services we offer.
- Criminal Defense – Every person charged with a crime has the right to a vigorous defense in which all their legal rights are protected.
- Social Security Disability – Anyone who is involved in a dispute regarding social security benefits deserves legal representation to ensure that they are treated fairly.
For more than 30 years, I’ve built a law firm that has gained a reputation within the Colorado Springs community as being tough, compassionate and reliable. But the truth is that a law firm is only as strong as it’s support staff, and we are fortunate to work with a group of people who have bought in to the principles that have sustained this firm. Please contact us today to see how we can help you in your time of need.